Barrister and Solicitor
(08) 9486 1766 | email@example.com | LinkedIn
Jon was admitted to practice in Western Australia in 1979 and became a Partner in the firm of Gibson & Gibson in 1985 and remained there until that firm amalgamated with Slater and Gordon in 2013.
From 2013 to 2018 Jon was the Western Australian Practice Group Leader before joining DS Family Law in 2018.
Jon is an accredited Family Law Specialist, a Nationally Accredited Mediator, a qualified Child Representative and has experience in many areas of Law including Criminal Law, Administrative Law and Personal Injury Law.
He specialised in Family Law for many years and was accredited as a Specialist in 1994.
Jon was the inaugural winner of the Law Society of Western Australia Community Service Award and has been involved in civil liberties and human rights organisations and was a founding member of the Sussex Street Community Law Service.
Date of Admission to Practice
22 December 1979
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Laws
- Accredited Family Law Specialist
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Child Representative
- Jon has conducted Trials in the Supreme Court, District Court and Family Court of Western Australia, including complex property litigation, Hague Convention, Abduction of Children Applications and complex children’s matters.
- Acted as Counsel in Trials and Appeals in the Family Court.
- Advised clients on all areas of Family Law, Child Support, Surrogacy and Adoption.
- Co-founder of the Sussex Street Community Law Service.
- Media Commentator on matters relating to Family Law.
- Law Society of WA
- Family Law Practitioners Association of WA
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia