Managing Solicitor - Mandurah Office
Barrister and Solicitor
Shivon has worked exclusively in family law in Mandurah since 2001 and having lived in the area since 1998 she has developed a strong understanding of the needs of the local community.
Shivon is a highly skilled practitioner and has had years of experience in resolving financial and parenting disputes both via negotiation and litigation through the Court system. She has developed a niche practice dealing with complex business issues involving companies and trusts; financial settlements for elderly clients and same sex couples; and living arrangements, recovery orders and relocation applications in chid-related matters. She also prepares and advises upon Financial (or Pre-Nuptial) Agreements and Child Support Agreements.
She prides herself on her professionalism, efficiency and her honest, down to earth approach but will not shy away from taking robust action if required.
Shivon joined the DS Family Law team in October 2017 as Managing Solicitor of the Mandurah office. She has enjoyed an excellent working relationship with the Directors, Milos and Ross, over many years and is again looking forward to providing quality family law advice to the Peel community.
Date of Admission to Practice
Admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Western Australia on 2 October 2003
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Laws
- Advised clients on complex business issues involving companies and trusts in relation to financial matters.
- Represented clients in relation to de facto property settlements whereby superannuation could not be split and found practical solutions that dealt with the division of all non-superannuation assets.
- Advised clients in relation to property settlements involving parties working on a fly in fly out basis intrastate, interstate and overseas and understanding the complexities involved in dealing with significant assets held off shore.
- Advised on financial matters for elderly clients in their 70’s and 80’s.
- Advised on both financial and child related matters for same-sex couples.
- Represented a handful of clients who were in prison and dealt with settling their financial matters and time with the children upon release from prison.
- Advised on child matters involving a number of parties to a case in court proceedings involving parents and grandparents.
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Western Australia