Catherine graduated from the University of New England, NSW with a Bachelor of Laws (Distinction) in 2021 and was awarded the New England Award in recognition of personal and professional development through her participation in:
- extra-curricular learning and training;
- leadership and work experience; and
- volunteer work and contributions to the community.
Prior to admission in 2022 Catherine completed an 18-month internship at Young & Young Solicitors in Bunbury dealing primarily in Family and Criminal Law.
She subsequently undertook her Practical Legal Training with ALS in Bunbury operating in the same areas of law. Being exposed to such challenging matters involving individual personalities and where every case depends on its own unique facts and circumstances stimulated Catherine’s interest in pursuing a career in Family Law.
Date of Admission to Practice
Admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Western Australia on 1 April 2022
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (GDLP)
- Advanced Diploma in Conveyancing (AdvDipConveyancing)
- Drafting Form 11 Applications for Consent Orders regarding financial and children’s matters.
- Assisting an experienced practitioner in a Hague Convention Abduction Application seeking the location and return of children wrongfully removed from Australia.
- Providing written advice to clients in respect to both property settlement and children’s issues.
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Family Law Practitioners’ Association of WA (FLPAWA)
- Women Lawyers of Western Australia
- South West Law Society