Barrister and Solicitor
Rodney no longer works at DS Family Law. Please forward all enquiries to Milos Supljeglav.
Rodney graduated from the University of Notre Dame Australia in December 2014 with a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and commenced employment with DS Family Law shortly thereafter.
Prior to joining DS Family Law, Rodney worked as a senior contracts specialist on major construction projects in Western Australia, and also spent time working for a commercial law firm.
Rodney maintains an academic interest in employment law, and has been published on the topic of the Fair Work Commission’s anti-bullying jurisdiction.
Date of Admission to Practice
- Admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Western Australia on 18 December 2015
- Admitted to practise in the High Court of Australia on 22 April 2016
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Certificate II – Music Theatre (WAAPA)
- Advised on a property settlement following the breakdown of a long marriage, where both parties had ongoing health concerns. The matter was settled by consent, on favourable terms for our client.
- Successfully applied for urgent Orders permitting a child to travel internationally for holidays with our client, in circumstances where the other parent objected to that travel.
- Assisted Counsel in a property settlement Trial in the Family Court of Western Australia, including preparation for cross-examination, and the preparation of closing submissions. The Orders made by the Judge were favourable to our client.
- Advised on a children’s matter involving parents with a long-history of conflict, and allegations of drug abuse and sexual abuse. The matter was settled without the need to proceed to a Trial.
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Western Australia